Saturday, December 30, 2017

I don't have to choose

I don't have to choose 
by Ellie Klipp 
illus. by Mike Motz 
Language: English 
Bloomington, IN : WestBow Press, 2017. 
1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 22 cm. 
ISBN: 9781512765977 ; 151276597X 
Summary: How can you talk to young children about gender or their 'gender identity'? I Don't Have To Choose helps children internalize who they are, including as a boy or a girl, in a way that is simple, affirming, and free of stereotypes. 
Available: https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Have-Choose-Ellie-Klipp/dp/151276597X/

1 comment:

  1. This book is a wolf in sheep's clothing. While it does a good job of countering stereotypes and letting kids know that, for instance, cars aren't just for boys, it uses that foundation to make the leap that trans people don't exist. "I'm a boy because God put XY in my genes. Hurrah, I don't have to choose." The "often bought together" list on Amazon consists of "The Health Hazards of Homosexuality." Please remove this book from your site! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete